Sunday, August 30, 2009

Don't Step Here Signs


In the middle of night a demonic sound screeched from the upstairs hallway. Makes my heart race. Not the sort of thing I welcome during my coveted sleeping hours. Good thing my husband is the one who heard it.
When he reached the top of the stairs he found all the bedroom doors shut, "spooky", he said, not normally one to fear much. What he found was our cat feeling quite ill, working on a puke puddle which did not 'surface' until morning (for us anyway). That's when our son Dexter decided to do something about the mess.
He made a nice little 2-sided cheeseboard sign that read: "Don't Step Here". Very helpful considering the convergance of camoflouge and the early morning slumber walk to the bathroom. However it ended up, a Canon moment to be sure.
I've thought how nice it would be if life offered such signs. Something flashing and illuminated, like "Really Big Mess Ahead. Go Around." That could be really convenient. I mean, there are a lot of life situations and annoyances I'd rather skirt around and stay on the pleasant track.
But wait a minute, if there were just a bunch of redirecting signs who would clean up the messes? God knows there has been a cheeseboard sign over me at least once (ok, maybe twice), and somebody cared enough to stop by with a mop and an encouraging word that moved me out of my muddy puddle.
So, Dave and I gathered the Resolve cleaner, damp rag, paper towels, plastic bag. Blot, blot, spray, blot. Cleaning up what we could and moving along.
The sign is still there though, just for a grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment