Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Crash in my Glass Box


   There was a huge "CRASH!", the sound of smashing clashing glass, and no one else was home.  I tore into the kitchen to find two decorative goblets in shards, the largest stem had landed in the hermit crab aquarium.
   Apparently our 16-pound cat saw a bug he had to get on the high shelf above the french door.
   I did not find a dead bug at the scene, but I am quite sure that the crabs were trembling wildly in their painted shells.  I mean, never mind how their disgusting water dish emptied by the cat, lay next to a golf ball that the dog probably placed there as he hovered playfully over them.  These are run-of-the-mill type things for a Lee hermit crab.  But imagine the King Kong goblet that had just hit the corner of the counter on it's way down, now fashioned into a weapon as if in bar fight mode, descending in half a crab heart beat.  Prior to this, life had been so good with the dog and cat.  How would they ever clean up such a gargantuan mess in their glass box world?
   I thought about how much this mirrors life.  Things can seem fine in my little world, even with the big things that loom over and drop in, that I've become accustom to dealing with.  And then CRASH.  I thought about how only God can remove some big, jagged things from my life - I just don't have that sort of equipment as a crab in a glass cage, metaphorically speaking of course.
   Wow, I am grateful for God's attentiveness to my little world and how I fit into His much bigger world!

  
   By way of an update, one of the joyful things that entered my world was my son Mitch's wedding.  Welcome to the Lee family Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment