Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Been a Rough Day for Frank


I got a call shortly after I left the house from Kyle, a family friend who was at the house with Dexter. "Shelley!" he said. I was afraid someone was hurt, but he quickly relieved my anxiety.
"The funniest thing just happened! We cannot believe this!" he said gasping with laughter.
"The cat peed in the dog dish! From the laundry basket in the cart! From inside the laundry basket! A perfect stream into the dish, for like 45 seconds! We're just shocked. We're not going to change the dogs' water just so you can see it."

Then Dexter: Mom, I heard running water and hoped one of the animals wasn't peeing. When I leaned into the laundry room I saw a yellow stream and then could not believe my eyes. I yelled for Kyle, who came in with a stunned look on his face. Bruce had pushed his butt up against the inside of the basket and peed directly from a square in the plastic grid, into the dog dish, for the longest time. I wasn't even upset because the aim was so perfect it was amazing. What do you think he could even be thinking?...I really wish I could know what he's thinking.

Thankfully Bruce doesn't do this type of thing too often.

This is Bruce on the job (below). While I worked today he simultaneously slept and systematically pushed whatever he could, off the shelf, and switched locations from boxes to envelope stacks and of course cluttering the entire corner of my office.

More pets news: we installed a wireless dog boundary system and were trying to acclimate them today. When Zoey first felt the 'static' she was mid-step. She stood there with her legs crossed, at first frozen, then she started to shake. Frank's first encounter made him cry. Honestly, that's a pathetic thing, a puppy crying. We should probably dial that thing down a notch.

One last piece of pet news today (yes, a big day): Frank's Daddy, Carlos is back from Alabama! He belongs to a seasonal truck driver at a local farm.

OK, seriously. I walked away from the computer for a couple minutes to take Trevor's call and share the stories of this crazy day. While I was on the phone with him the dishwasher basket full of dirty dishes...chased Frank across the kitchen. At least that must be what he thinks. His collar caught on the wire basket and he freaked out, shriek-yelping, while flying, crashing dishes littered the floor. His dog tag is missing (the dog warden will never believe this story).

Frank will not move from under the chair where Dave sits, the only one who hasn't traumatized him today.

It's been a rough day for Frank. He's been leashed & shocked outside, chased by gorillas (Mitch and Dex) and the contents of a dishwasher inside (all while trying to help with the dishes), the cat peed with perfect aim in his water, and he found out his Daddy is in town. He didn't even know he had a Daddy.

Mamma said there'd be days like this. They'rd be days like this. Mamma said.

No comments:

Post a Comment