Monday, September 21, 2009

Cake for Breakfast Plan


I am NOT a morning person (yes, I shouted that so you'd know I mean it).

If I have to wake up at some awful early time, I like to do something to make me sort of...happy to be awake, even thought that is a contradiction in terms.

I like to set the coffee maker to have a pot of strong coffee that wafts its amazing power to my bed and beckons me to a beautiful morning moment (I try, I really do).

Last weekend I saw this cake recipe that I could set on a timer to bake in the break maker overnight. What a great thing that would be to wake up to, I thought. So, I measured everything exactly, as the break maker demands, and set the plan in motion that would woo me from my most comfortable snuggly place to an upright, even vertical, forward movement into the day.

I was looking forward to awonderful aroma, much like the Birthday Cake Yankee candle, and... birthday cake.

Then, in the semi-conscious warmest moments before the alarm goes off (unbeknownst to me how we know when that is, but we do) I started thinking that I didn't do something right with the bread maker.

Alas, I found my cake. Smelling OK, but not amazing. Looking....crumbly. Tasting quite wrong.

Turns out I had put the ingredients into that bread maker pan, but had not engaged the pan into the break maker. So, the beautiful cake was one click away from mixing. NO click away from baking unmixed. And really mixed up....actually not, mixed up.

We tried it, but only the birds ended up liking it.

Got me thinking. Yes, of course, thinking.

That sometimes in regard to my faith, I have all the ingredients and a great plan set in motion. But if I am not connected to the power of God, if I have only gone through the motions, and put myself in proximity to Him, but not really connected, I do not see the result I had hoped for.

So, I'll try a great morning cake wake up again sometime, but I'm pretty sure next time, I'll remember to connect the plan to the power.

No comments:

Post a Comment