Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One day last week:

I was having one of those days.  The kind that I felt like a bumbling fool...couldn't seem to do anything right.  Do you ever have days like that?  I left stupid long voice mail messages with no option to re-record. I called someone by the wrong name, someone I knew well.  Wanted to kick myself.  I couldn't figure out a document set up/printing  issue and wasted way too much time on it. The sticky part of the bottom of my shoe was grabbing onto the floor and tripping me.  I know it's for traction, but seriously.

Then it started raining pretty hard outside, and the dog started following me around, walking all over my files that I had organized next to my desk on the floor.

The increasing thunder and wind was concerning her.  She needed some comfort, could I blame her?

I got a cup of hot tea, hunkered down at my desk to work some more and I let Zoey curl up at my feet, after I took those shoes off.

I thought of how God does this for me any old time.  He is always there, patiently at work, and He doesn't seem to care that I'm messing up His area.  He sits with me until I can get up and go again.  Then He goes with me.

This Thanksgiving week as I think on what I am thankful for,  I am genuinely grateful for that. 

I am also thankful that the headlight Dexter fender-bendered off my car only took $25 and a small dent to...fix.  Beautiful!

I am thankful for my hot and funny husband, for my amazing, wonderful sons, and so much more.


Happy Thanksgiving! Truly.




No comments:

Post a Comment