Thursday, November 12, 2009

Doggy Diaper


Our dog has a problem, and a trail of blood on the carpet later it become our problem. Please don't tell her I told you, but Zoey is in heat. She seems pretty embarrassed by this ordinary situation that can't feel so ordinary for her.
_
In order for Zoey to be in the house doggy diaper shopping was in order. I found pet products I never knew existed at StuffMart. "They don't have her size. I'll have to go to the actual pet store," I told my husband, Dave, as we happened to pass one another in the parking lot.
_
Once at MegaPetMart, I experienced new-product-awareness-overload....whoa. Glassy eyed, I found them next to the Wee Pads (at my house we call these newspapers, but I admit they looked a lot nicer in that package). They wanted over $20 for 12 doggy diapers. I think the look on my face is what they call sticker shock.
_
I quick called Dave, still at StuffMart, and asked he and Mitch to get a package of large baby diapers. "Thirty-five pounds and up," Mitch read from a label, "is that good? It's the biggest they have." I guess there aren't many 50 pound toddlers in diapers now are there?
There were 36 in a package for less than $9 so...we'd make it work. Cut a whole for the tail (perfect placement took only 4 diapers to perfect) and add duct tape to keep it on. We've SO solved our problem.
_
But one look at Zoey and you don't feel like you've totally solved things. Her long eyes beg you to take off the restraining contraption. Her teeth rip it off with no begging whatsoever when you're not looking. She is sad.
_
I think that Zoey thinks this is how life will be for her from now on.t is grim. This is what her face tells me.
_
Little does she know that this too will pass and things will be brighter just around the corner. All the Young Life kids were at our house tonight and Zoey is so happy again, she loves people. See Zoey, things are getting better already.
_
I could stand to remember that myself. When I'm in the duck-taped diapers of life (please, it's an analogy, work with me here) feeling confused and embarrassed, things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment