Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Untangle the Wind Chimes

    I really wanted more to laugh about, but some days are harder that way.
    I could have used an Apples-to-Apples family game moment, like the time Trevor chose glazed donut to go with spineless and WON. I'm not sure exactly why it was so funny at the time, but it was and we still laugh about it.
    I would have enjoyed something like when the kitten Zelda chased the dog Frank's ball alongside him and hopped like she was a cross between Tigger and a kangaroo. That was hysterical!
    But some days are harder.
     I just had to get away for awhile so I went for a drive.  I spent a lot of time thinking, and talking to God (thankfully, unlike me, He accepts yelling as talking). I sat at one of my best friend's grave for awhile and straightened up the wind-blown flowers and adornments. I noticed that the chimes were caught up so I freed them.  Immediately the soft wind chimes soothed me, like they had the handful of other times I had ventured out there to that beautiful hillside.
    I got to thinking how God moves a lot like the wind, gentle and unnoticed at times, until you untangle the wind chimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment